Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A prayer as we head toward the finish of another year...

Week 52:

Ephesians 1:17-23 17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22 And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

Keep these things in mind as you live out this last stretch of this year.  I lift up these things in prayer to God and ask you to do the same.  Invite God into these areas of your life.



Wisdom:  I pray I will unlock the wisdom that your Spirit has provided.  I pray I use this wisdom for good in order to lead those under my care. 

Revelation:  Please continue to reveal yourself to me.  I pray my eyes be opened to see where you reveal yourself, your purposes, and your ways.  Continue to reveal your character to me so that I may know your heart.

Enlightenment:  May I be enlightened.  Not so that I may be worldly, but so I am able to understand how you and your Spirit works.  Allow me to see what I need to live out my salvation in you.

Power:  God, let me touch the power you have already placed inside of me.  I pray I use this power for your purposes and to further your kingdom.  Let your power give me mighty strength.  Allow my weaknesses to show your strength. 

Authority:  Grant authority over the powers of darkness.  Bind the evil that attacks me daily.  Let your Spirit of authority live in me.  Let me use if for good and not my own selfish desires.

Forgiveness:  Soften my heart so that I may forgive those that may have wronged me and for those I am holding energy against.  Remind me that the measure I use is the measure used for me.  Forgive my sin; the hidden, the defiant, and the unknown.

Humility:  May I be humble in my thought and action.  Let me not think more of myself than I really am…the person you created me to be. 

Thankfulness:  Instead of focusing on what I don’t have, I pray I am thankful for what I do have.  Instead of focusing on the negative occurrences in life, I pray I am thankful for all the good that happens around me.  I pray I will be thankful for the blessings of the Spirit and of salvation. 

Fullness:  I pray I will be filled with life and joy that comes from above.  I pray I live every day with vigor that it is my last day.  I pray I bless others from the fullness of your Spirit.

Joy:  I pray that joy will abound no matter my circumstance.  I pray that deep in my soul I will feel joy.  I ask that I have joy to overflow for others to partake.

For others:  I pray for those who are reading this now.  I pray they are heard.  I pray for life in abundance for each person.  I pray that their souls be filled with your grace, mercy, and love.

---------------------------------------
Click HERE to purchase Weekly Devotional Thoughts: Weekly Applications of God’s Word on Amazon Kindle and write a review.
---------------------------------------

Don't forget to visit my Amazon links.  General purchases:  Click on the Banner at the top of the blog.  For a list of my favorites go to:  http://astore.amazon.com/weekldevottho-20

No comments:

Post a Comment