Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Assurance...










I spend a lot of time with people.  As a High School Principal of a Christian School, I see daily students, teachers, staff, parents, etc.  As a Consultant/Coach I spend session time with clients on the phone or in person.  As a Leader for The Crucible Project, I am ministering to men through weekends, groups, one on one sessions, etc.  In all of these various encounters with people, I see a need for assurance. 

Just about all of us (if not all of us) step into parts of our lives with a lack of assurance.  We may feel we are not enough.  We may have fear as we step into something difficult or new.  We may have some emotional barrier that is keeping us from living as God made us.  Maybe we are not sure we are where God wants us.  Maybe we just do not feel like we are enough. 

Through all these years of working with people as well as growing, learning, and being mentored by others, I have noticed four things that are quite helpful in building assurance.  I have benefitted by applying these into my life.  I have also noticed others have benefitted from these as well.  See if these four areas of assurance land for you as well.

*      Stand in certainty that God is always present…He knows the answer and the outcome whether we do or not – Psalm 139:7-10 “Where can I go from your Spirit?  Where can I flee from you presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”   Instead of this being a passage of fear that God is always watching, it is a passage of assurance that God is always present.
*      Be yourself, the authentic you that God created – Ephesians 4:25 “Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbor, for we are all members of one body.”  Be you and no one but you. 
*      Trust your wisdom and experience – Ephesians 3:20 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…”  Our experiences are taken by God, and used for good.  The power to make decisions is already within us, a gift of God. 
*      When our wisdom and experience falls short, seek out and enlist the wisdom of trusted advisers – Proverbs 15:22 “Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.”  Overcome the western belief that “I can do this on my own”.  Go to those who have walked before.  God places these wise sages in our lives for a reason. 

Challenge yourself this week.  When you begin to doubt, feel weak, insecure, or you are not sure if you are enough; try these four areas of assurance.  Notice how God shows up.  Share this with others.

Blessings

Consider deepening your walk with God through Christian coaching: http://growthresources.net/  Set up a FREE 30 minute call to get a glimpse of what coaching can do for you:  https://calendly.com/byron-growthresources/30min

Are you a Manager, a Leader, a Supervisor?  Get focused coaching.  Visit - http://middlemanagercoach.com/  Set up a FREE 30 minute call to get a glimpse of what coaching can do for you:  https://calendly.com/byron-growthresources/30min
--------------------------------------
Click HERE to purchase Weekly Devotional Thoughts: Weekly Applications of God’s Word on Amazon Kindle and write a review.
---------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit my Amazon links.  General purchases:  Click on the Banner at the top of the blog.  For a list of my favorites go to:  http://astore.amazon.com/weekldevottho-20

No comments:

Post a Comment