Sunday, August 13, 2017

After I've Been Hit...


Thought for this week: 

The following was written by a friend and coaching client who wishes to remain nameless.  I thought this would be a great devo thought: 

Sometimes the battle wages, and I’m not lost yet...but I have been hit. One of those arrows, one meant specially for me and programmed to find weak places in my armor hits me. Satan is the best bow hunter. Almost every shot he gets does significant damage. It leaves a scar. This time, like most, he has hit me with the arrow of inferiority. From that arrow comes a raspy voice that mimics and confirms my worst fears from my darkest places, 

You are not enough.
You’re not good enough for God to love you.
You’re not good enough to be a Christian.
You’re not a good enough wife, daughter, sister, advisor, teacher, friend.
You should have done _____ better.
You should have tried harder.
You will never be good enough. 

This arrow hurts. It strikes a tender part of me that most people don’t see. A part that I’ve buried under accomplishments and performance, so hoping that no one will know it’s there. Maybe they’ll think I’m good enough by what I do. But Satan can see through that. And I go down. My sword drops from my hand and my shield of faith falls out of reach. I lie in the dirt and all I can think about is the pain radiating from the wound. I believe what the arrow says. After all, I couldn’t fend off the attack. I’m not a good enough soldier. There’s no more battlefield, no more army, no more reason to fight. Now there is only pain. While I’m in the dirt, bloody and fading, I feel a pair of hands lift my head up. I raise my eyes to the owner of the hands, and it’s the Commander. He’s kneeling on the ground next to me, resting my head on His lap. As He cleans my wound, I hear Him speaking. His voice isn’t like the other one, fiery and dark. His words are light and as He speaks, they work to ice and heal my hurt places. 

You are enough because I am enough. You are enough because I say so. I chose you, part of my Royal Priesthood. Part of my Holy Nation. Part of MY PEOPLE.
I don’t love you because you are good, I love you because I am good. Your goodness will not affect my love for you because you are my child and nothing can change that.
Dear one, my disciples have never been perfect. Solomon, the builder of my earthly house, filled his house with idols. Peter denied me. Paul persecuted my followers. My children have peace, not because of what they have done, but because of what I have done.  You are fully equipped for every good work. Your sufficiency comes from Me. The star-breathing God is breathing life and peace into you.
I am the only Perfect One. Why do you keep trying to take my place? Know that I am with you in the hard decisions. I am right there in the room and I love you. Rely on My wisdom, and not yours.
When I created the world, I knew Satan would enter it and draw my children away from Me. For this reason, I sent Jesus, my precious firstborn.  And in the tomb on that third day, this war was won. His blood, his perfect blood covers you now and always. He shed his blood so that you don’t have to stay bloody. You are free. 

Once more, He lifts my head. This time it rests on His shoulder. As I look down, I can still see the scar, but the pain is gone. A calm like I have never known washes over me. And we sit. The guilt is gone. The pressure is gone. The inferiority is gone. There’s just me and my Father. He holds me close, wipes my tears, and hands me my shield. I am no longer trying to run ahead of him to fight, now I am fighting alongside Him. And let me tell you, He knows what He’s doing. 

Consider deepening your walk with God through Christian coaching: http://growthresources.net/  Set up a FREE 30 minute call to get a glimpse of what coaching can do for you:  https://calendly.com/byron-growthresources/30min

Are you a Manager, a Leader, a Supervisor?  Get focused coaching.  Visit - http://middlemanagercoach.com/  Set up a FREE 30 minute call to get a glimpse of what coaching can do for you:  https://calendly.com/byron-growthresources/30min
--------------------------------------
Click HERE to purchase Weekly Devotional Thoughts: Weekly Applications of God’s Word on Amazon Kindle and write a review.
---------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit my Amazon links.  General purchases:  Click on the Banner at the top of the blog.  For a list of my favorites go to:  http://astore.amazon.com/weekldevottho-20

 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment