Monday, October 27, 2014

There is a reason I need a Savior...

Week 44:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


God is holy, I am not.  There is no way I can come into the presence of such a pure and Holy God.  To enter into His presence, I must be clean.


There is a reason I need a Savior…

Because of my sin, I separate myself from God…almost daily.  I forget about God.  I forget about His love.  I go against His commands.  I become selfish and tied up in my own agendas and desires.

There is a reason I need a Savior…

I can become so engulfed by following law that I forget what the law is for.  I make God’s law my god.  I judge others according to this doctrine on a regular basis.  I compare how I follow the law as opposed to how someone else does or does not follow.

There is a reason I need a Savior…

I become materialistic and worried about worldly things.  I let money drive my heart.  I let possessions be my god.  I seek happiness in what I have or through what I don’t have.

There is a reason I need a Savior…

I become judgmental because of my own shortcomings.  I compare myself to others either wishing for what I don’t have or feeling superior over those who have less.  Somehow I this this helps me feel better.

There is a reason I need a Savior…

My wounds drive me and define me.  I become the victim of my world and let it control my thoughts and emotions.  I allow this darkness to drive my actions.

There is a reason I have a Savior…

Since Adam and Eve, humankind has been trying to get back to God.  I search in the wrong places to re-connect with God.  There is a God-hole in my soul that can only be filled by a Savior.

There is a reason I need a Savior…

Sacrifice must be made to atone for our sinful flesh and decisions.  I deserve death for my sinful behavior. 

There is a reason I need a Savior…

Questions/challenges:

1.      What are some reasons you need a Savior?
2.      How does Jesus’ sacrifice apply to you?
3.      What is missing from my list for the need for a Savior?
4.      How has Jesus’ saving grace helped you?
5.      Pay attention this week to places in your life that remind you that you need a Savior.
---------------------------------------
Click HERE to purchase Weekly Devotional Thoughts: Weekly Applications of God’s Word on Amazon Kindle and write a review.
---------------------------------------

Don't forget to visit my Amazon links.  General purchases:  Click on the Banner at the top of the blog.  For a list of my favorites go to:  http://astore.amazon.com/weekldevottho-20

No comments:

Post a Comment