Friday, September 7, 2012

All...

Week 36:

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

We have all we need to function in the Kingdom of God. It all starts with God’s grace. God is able to make all grace abound to us. This gives us the ability and power and strength to do good work in the Kingdom. In verse 6 it says, “…Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also rep generously.” From the grace that is given freely to us, we have a choice to sow sparingly or generously in the good work that we attempt to accomplish.

I have to ask, “What is it in me that thinks I need to be at a certain point in my life; I have to have a certain salary; I have to have ‘X’ amount of knowledge; I have to be a ‘spiritual giant’; in order to step out and advance the Kingdom of God?” I get tied up in looking far off to something bigger in the Kingdom without really looking at what is right in front of me. I need to be reminded about the things right in front of me. I need to pay attention and be present for what is happing now. I have all I need to do good work. The far off things may be something in store for me however I need to take care of the here and now in order to be prepared for the far off.



I have a sign in my office that reads, “The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.” That statement can be based on this passage. “…in all things at all times, having all that you need…” God’s grace equips me for my circumstances. What I have experienced, what I know, where I have been, who I have dealt with, all prepare me for the here and now. I have a good work in front of me…I need to draw on God’s grace to abound in that work.

Now, it is okay to dream. Vision is a good thing. I believe that a vision for things to come and work to be done in God’s Kingdom is planted by God. We may have a vision and even an idea of how to make that vision come true. However, we may not take the path we thought to fulfill that vision. It is our day to day walk, the here and now that prepares us and walks us through that vision. Could it be that the fruition of said vision is partially accomplished through “…in all things at all times, having all that you need…”? It is also okay to not have a vision. I appreciate those who live daily in the grace of God and they are content with where God has them.

Recognize that God has you where you are supposed to be right here and right now. Know that what he offers is all you need to do work in His Kingdom. “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”

Questions/challenges:

1. In what way(s) have you been looking forward and not seeing God’s work in your present situation?
2. Do you have a vision that is still unreached? If so, what is it?
3. What is your interpretation of this passage?
4. Where do you disagree with my interpretation of this passage?
5. This week, find someone to share with both your vision and your current work in the Kingdom. Pay attention to his/her feedback to what you have shared. The lord may be speaking some clarity through him/her.

---------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit my Amazon links. General purchases: Click on the Banner at the top of the blog. For a list of my favorites go to: http://astore.amazon.com/weekldevottho-20

No comments:

Post a Comment