Monday, August 25, 2014

His mercies...

Week 35:

Lamentations 3:22-23 22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; 23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.



A phrase was on my heart all day the other day:  “His mercies are new every day.”   Below is where I need His mercies today…

Lord, grant me mercy today as I venture forth in your kingdom.

Lord, grant me mercy as I face temptation today.

Lord, grant me mercy as I am a sinful creature.

Lord, grant me mercy in my hidden sin.

Lord, grant me mercy in my unconscious sin.

Lord, grant me mercy in my willful sin.

Lord, grant me mercy in my lack of faith.

Lord, grant me mercy in my unbelief.

Lord, grant me mercy in shortcomings of life.

Lord, grant me mercy as I lead today.

Lord, grant me mercy as I serve today.

Lord, grant me mercy in the unknown.

Lord, grant me mercy in my prayers.

Lord, grant me mercy in my insecurity.

Lord, grant me mercy in my excess.

Lord, grant me mercy in my salvation.

Lord, grant me mercy in my goodness.

Lord, grant me mercy in my decisions.

Lord, your mercies are never ending.  Thank you for those each day.  Let me never forget that those mercies shower down daily like rain watering my heart and soul.

Questions/challenges:

1.      Where do you need His mercies today?
2.      Are there positive places where you need His mercies?  What are they?
3.      Describe a time where you have really felt God’s mercy?
4.      If you have not felt His mercy, then what do you think is getting in the way?
5.      This week, spend some time in silence and meditation around God’s mercy in your life.  Pay attention to the message He has for you.  Share that with someone.

---------------------------------------
Click HERE to purchase Weekly Devotional Thoughts: Weekly Applications of God’s Word on Amazon Kindle and write a review.
---------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit my Amazon links.  General purchases:  Click on the Banner at the top of the blog.  For a list of my favorites go to:  http://astore.amazon.com/weekldevottho-20


No comments:

Post a Comment