Monday, March 3, 2014

From God's perspective...

Week 10:

Exodus 5:22-6:1 22 Moses returned to the Lord and said, “Why, Lord, why have you brought trouble on this people? Is this why you sent me? 23 Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble on this people, and you have not rescued your people at all.” Then the Lord said to Moses, “Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh: Because of my mighty hand he will let them go; because of my mighty hand he will drive them out of his country.”

I can relate to Moses in so many ways.  In fact, I get uncomfortable when I read about Moses questioning God.  Yet, I see that God blessed Moses.  God had patience with Moses as he asked questions.  I think that Moses had a different view of how the exodus from Egypt would play out.  I think like that many times.  I see something in the Kingdom that God has called me to take part in and have a plan or idea on how it should play out.  Then, I look up, and God has taken the scenario in another direction.  Or, many times I feel like Moses at times did…I feel I failed.


Henry Blackabay in his Experiencing God material has a great take on this process.  He redirects me to ask God His perspective on what is going on.  Notice how Moses complains.  Notice how he blames God.  On other occasions, Moses played victim and felt sorry for his self.  I do both.  I make my determination upon my perspective, my agenda.  In this instance, God informs Moses that He is about to show His mighty power.  All of this happened in order for God to be glorified.  That was God’s perspective.  God’s plan was bigger than Moses.  God’s plan would prevail even if Moses failed. 

I do this quite often.  I see a work in the Kingdom and I begin to add my services.  I have and agenda and I have a goal.  I am determined to do a good work for God.  Then I encounter what I perceive as road blocks.  I begin to second-guess whether I am following God’s plan or not.  I become discouraged and at times I cease what I am doing.  However, this may not be what God wanted…me to cease.  He wants me to persist and ask Him for His perspective.

See, I have an agenda.  So does God.  I think His will is going to prevail.  What I need to do in that situation is to ask His perspective on the situation.  I need to be still and watch what He is doing and how He is working.  Then I need to re-engage and follow Him and His leading.  When I do this, the joy is so much deeper and my eyes are opened to His leading and the wonderful work He is doing.  And, furthermore, He gets the praise and glory; not me…which, is how it should be. 

So, the next time I feel I have failed or I have hit the wall, or I think I’m on the wrong path; I need to realize that God is working.  He has a plan and it’s time to ask and listen with no agenda attached.  That surrender is difficult; it will take practice.  But the rewards are greater and just plain right.

Questions/challenges:

1.      Describe a time where you just knew you were doing God’s work and hit a road block?
2.      Did you see God’s plan afterward?  How so?
3.      Describe a time where you knew you were in God’s plan, yet it didn’t turn out how you planned.
4.      How do you approach God in these times?
5.      What kind of results do you get?
6.      This week, take inventory on the works you have done for God.  Where did He take the work that you did not expect?  In fact, where did you disagree yet saw God’s plan in the end?
---------------------------------------
Click HERE to purchase Weekly Devotional Thoughts: Weekly Applications of God’s Word on Amazon Kindle and write a review.
---------------------------------------

Don't forget to visit my Amazon links.  General purchases:  Click on the Banner at the top of the blog.  For a list of my favorites go to:  http://astore.amazon.com/weekldevottho-20

No comments:

Post a Comment