Monday, June 10, 2013

Upholding law...

 Week 24:

This week, read through this passage each day. Look for how this applies to you in the moment. Listen for what God is saying to you. Work through the questions that follow.

Psalm 119:137-144


137 Righteous are you, O Lord, and your laws are right.

138 The statutes you have laid down are righteous; they are fully trustworthy.

139 My zeal wears me out, for my enemies ignore your words.

140 Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them.

141 Though I am lowly and despised, I do not forget your precepts.

142 Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true.

143 Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands are my delight,

144 Your statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live.

 Questions/challenges:
1. Which verse stood out most for you today? Why?
2. What is the relationship between God’s laws and the writer’s comfort?
3. How are God’s laws trustworthy for you?
4. How do God’s laws keep you positive when you are “lowly and despised”?
5. Through “trouble and distress”, what words of God keep you going?
6. What do you think the Psalmist means by, “…give me understanding that I might live”?
7. Apply this passage to your life each day this week.

---------------------------------------
Don't forget to visit my Amazon links. General purchases: Click on the Banner at the top of the blog. For a list of my favorites go to: http://astore.amazon.com/weekldevottho-20





No comments:

Post a Comment